by Lisa Chinn
With fall around the corner, many people are somewhat strapped for cash from back to school costs, vacations taken during the summer, increasing heating bills, and buying cold weather clothes for growing children. This time of year is traditionally slow for many wellness practitioners, so it is a great time to draw in customers with some new promotions. When many people think of promotions, they automatically think of having a sale. While sales do attract customers, they do not always attract loyal clients and may not be financially worthwhile for you. In addition to sales, many other promotional strategies help attract new customers and reward existing customers without severely undercutting your bottom line.
1. Add value to your services without lowering your rates.
- For example, offer some free product samples or an extra 15 minutes of treatment with a regular appointment.
2. Offer a slight discount for customers who prepay for multiple appointments in advance.
- You will make slightly less money than if the customer paid the full amount for each session, but this strategy will help keep you busy during slow periods and ensure multiple appointments. Offer better discounts for more appointments to encourage clients to come back frequently.
3. Send out an email offering discounted appointments when you have a lot of last-minute sessions still available.
- This strategy will help you keep your schedule full while helping out clients who are budget-conscious.
4. Offer free consultations or short trial appointments
- so that new clients can get a feel for your services without risking the cost of a full appointment.
5. Offer a discount on a popular retail product for clients who make appointments with you. You can charge your regular appointment rate and your clients can prolong the benefits of their treatment with homecare products.
6. Sell gift cards that include a small discount or come with an extra perk. For example, sell a $100 gift card for $90 or give the gift card purchaser a coupon if they spend a certain amount. Gift cards mean that the customer prepays and that you might also get the chance to win over the new client who receives the gift card.
7. Create package deals that offer multiple services in one appointment for slightly less than the services would cost individually. Package deals allow clients to save some money, and they also help you schedule more treatments and longer appointments. Additionally, performing multiple services at once can be more efficient for you. One long appointment instead of several shorter ones saves on things such as travel time, the cost to launder linens between customers and complimentary beverages.
8. Attract customers who can afford your services at regular price by offering a charity pledge option. Choose a charity and pledge to donate a certain percentage of appointment or product costs.
9. Offer referral discounts for clients who bring in a friend. Referrals are a great way to gain new clients, and they allow you to reward loyal clients for their recommendations.
10. Offer mini treatments using seasonal ingredientsso clients with busy schedules can still make time for their wellness.
Fall is also an excellent time to use slow moments to work on marketing, catch up on bills and paperwork, and clean up your workspace. Besides offering promotions, consider helping potential clients learn about your work by offering to write guest blog articles about the type of services you provide. Use this time to network; take the chiropractor or esthetician who works around the corner to coffee or lunch. Plan your holiday specials so you are ready to implement them. Work on updating your brochures, and think about using free time to take some classes to hone your techniques. Make any overdue changes to your website, such as adding scheduling widgets to help clients book appointments online. ClientPod Pro by Wellx has very handy scheduling widgets available.The more you work on perfecting your trade, the more repeat clients you will have. Regular visitors are what help you get through a downturn in the economy or a slow season, so try to reward loyalty with your best service.
For more great blog posts, visit Wellx.com.